Poppys

Poppys

Monday, April 11, 2016

The Unfailing Love of a Good Good Father

There are two things that I think God so
desperately wants for us to have.

Relationship and Identity

God created us for relationship
with Him and I believe more than
anything He wants us to be able to stand 
boldly and confidently in who we are in Him.

When I was 19, I walked away from God.
I will never forget the day when I was hurting so 
badly from the circumstances in life and feeling
like I would never be able to be what He wanted me to 
be that I said, "I can't do this.  I can't be this person.
It's impossible.  So I'm letting you go."
And I mentally pushed him to the back burner of my
heart and for the next 2 1/2 years I turned away.


I lived life very selfishly.  
It was a huge time of growth for me as a person.
Yet I had no identity at all.
I didn't really know who I was.
I enjoyed worldly "fun" and lived weekend to 
weekend with no goals, ambition, or passion.

During this time, I met my future husband.  
We dated, got engaged, got married....
but shortly after we got married the war within
my heart completely unfolded.

You see those 2 years that I had turned my back on God,
He never turned His on me.
There would be nights I would cry myself to 
sleep because I missed Him yet I knew I couldn't 
live the way that the "church" 
led me to think I had to live to be loved and 
accepted by Him.
The doctrine that I had been raised on was 
completely void of Grace.


Back to the war....
I remember January 1, 2008 I was in my kitchen
in our little home and while doing dishes I had some 
Skillet playing and I said "Ok, God.  I am trying."

This was the beginning......

In February, Mike and I found out we were expecting our 
first child!!!  We went through the shock, then settled into 
planning for our future, then the excitement of having a baby 
sank in and then we lost it.
We lost our first child to a miscarriage.

I was extremely confused.
I was in the most agonizing pain I have ever been in.
I thought God was mad at me and was getting revenge on me
for those two years that I forsook him.
At this point, I still did not know who I was.

I have never been broken in the way that losing our first baby 
broke me.  I cried for two months straight.
But I had an amazing woman of God that had sown into me
for those 2 rebellious years of my life there to comfort me,
to speak Truth in Love.
And I knew I needed healing from The Healer and there was 
no way I could obtain this on my own.

So I surrendered.......


God doesn't just DO things,
He does things EXTRAORDINARILY!!

He does things in such a way that maybe in the midst
of it you don't recognize Him;
but when you look back on it you see "Yes, that was
God.  Yes, that was God.  Yes, that was God."

Even though I chose to walk away from Him at that point, 
I can see God's hand was still orchestrating
things in my life, still protecting me, still working in 
a way that in the end it would all be good because my heart
loved Him more than anything even when my head thought
I wasn't good enough for Him. 

He placed a seal on my soul the day I gave my life 
to Him as a little 8 year old girl!  

There is nothing I can do that will separate me from His love!!!

What an EXTRAORDINARY Father!!!! 

That was 8 years ago this month.
It has been a battle! But each and every day
I choose to go to Him.  I choose to seek out His
will for my life.  I choose to follow.  I choose to love
and serve.  I choose to let my voice be heard because
He has given it to me.  He has set me apart and here
for such a time as this.

What a good good Father we have!!!
I pray every person who reads this has such a 
fresh revelation of God's love for them just poured out into
their spirit right now.
Amen!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment