Poppys

Poppys

Friday, April 8, 2016

Crying In The Dark

As parents we try to do everything within our human capabilities
to train, steward and love our children well.

As a mother, my three children consume my everyday whether
mentally, physically or emotionally.  I love my babies.  But some-
times we have to put them to bed under less than ideal circumstances.
As I write this, I am listening to my six year old crying in the dark
because she made an unwise choice and had to go to bed early.

I am reminded of the various times that I, myself, laid in the bed
crying in the dark throughout my life.  Through tragic family deaths,
rejection, hurt, fear, through words spoken that cut deep, through
insecurities and rebellion and desperation.

God never promised us a yellow brick road that was void of bumps,
hills, or stop signs.  Quite the opposite actually.  Jesus said in John,
"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace.
In the world you will have tribulation, but be of good cheer, I have
overcome the world."

He said in this world you WILL have tribulation.  There is no way
around it.  We will go through these times that test our faith and hope
in Him.  But the exciting news is He overcame the world by dying on
the cross for you and I!!!

"Surely He has borne our grief,
He's carried our sorrows.
The chastisement of our peace,
Was laid upon Him"
-Rick Pino Isaiah 53

I leave you with this-1 Peter says, "So be truly glad.  There is wonderful
joy ahead, even though you must endure many trials for a little while.  These
trials will show that your faith is genuine.  It is being tested as fire tests
and purifies gold-though your faith is more precious than mere gold.  So
when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much
praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the
whole world."

Amen!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment