Poppys

Poppys

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Guest Post by Amber Carter

I am so excited to introduce our Guest Post today. 
Amber is an amazing young woman of God!!
She is 16 years old, band member and soccer player at LHS.
She also goes on missions trips to Haiti in the summers.
She is such a reflection of the Father's heart.  
I love her spirit and the passion she has for Him and others.
God has great plans for this sweet child!!!



Since I was in the 5th grade, I had low self esteem and low self confidence. 
That surely took over me and soon did it rapture me completely. 
I basically fell into the trap of what others thought of me and I heard it everyday of my life.
"You're ugly", 
"You're no good", 
"You're a waste of space", 
and the worst one I would have to say is, 
"You are a mistake."

At this point of my life I had no positive out look towards my life. 
I was completely dependent on what others thought about me and the acceptance of others 
even if it was all negative. I felt as if it was my only choice I had.
It tore me down in every way possible mentally, physically, and emotionally.

How or why does someone let others dictate the way they see themselves? 
It's only words, why let them overtake you? 
The answers are basically the same, yes they are "just words", but words are very powerful.  
As James 5:3 says, " the tongue is a small thing, but what enormous damage it can do."

It wasn't until I started surrounding myself with uplifting people and encouraging speakers, 
who spoke life into me through The Grace Of God, 
that I started to see who I really was and who I belong to. 
If it wasn't for God speaking through others,  I wouldn't be here inspiring you guys!!

These are just some of the few scriptures that brought me through and still helps me on my
 everyday walk with Christ that I think will also help you guys.

1) Genesis 1:27- So God created mankind in his own image, 
in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

2) Jeremiah 1:5- “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, 
before you were born I set you apart; 
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”

3) 1 Peter 2:9-  But you are a chosen people, 
a royal priesthood, 
a holy nation, 
God’s special possession, 
that you may declare the praises of him who called you 
out of darkness into his wonderful light.

And my ultimate favorite

4) 1John 3:1-2: See what great love the Father has lavished on us, 
that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! 
The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. 
2- Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. 
But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.



I still struggle with low self-esteem and low self confidence to this day
but its okay to struggle with things in life, as long as you don't let it overtake who you are. 
As long as we have God on our sides we can overcome any situation and any circumstance that we may face, 
he will give us the strength and courage to carry through anything, 
AMEN!! 
And his plans for my life goes beyond my Wildest Dreams.

-Amber Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment