Poppys

Poppys

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Oh Little Faith!

I love the story of Jesus walking on the water.  He was going
to meet the disciples and when they saw Him coming, they were
terrified.  They didn't recognize the man that they had spent endless
hours with because of fear!  Then  Peter says, "Lord if it's you then
tell me to come to you on the water." Oh, Peter!  Jesus tells him to come.
So Peter gets out of the boat and walks towards Jesus but when he 
sees the wind he panics and starts to sink.  He cries out "Jesus 
save me." and Jesus reaches out His hand and catches him.


Don't we all do this at times?

We tell God, "Lord, just let me do this, let me do that,
let me step into this, I am ready for that."
Then, when His perfect timing comes and we do enter into
what we have been waiting for, we often times become
fearful, we panic, we doubt.

We, as Jesus says, are of "little faith".

Today was a prime example of that for me.
My children are out on Spring Break and I love to do
things as a group with other friends and their kids but 
absolutely nothing worked out and I was extremely 
discouraged.  My kids were going stir crazy after three
days of rain and then using yesterday as a cleaning day,
it was time to get out of the house!!  

We went to our appointments this morning and when we 
were done we drove around aimlessly for about 15 minutes.
I knew if I just brought them back home that they would go
bonkers and it would be a "survive til bedtime" kind of day
and that was the last thing I wanted to do.  So we pulled in a 
parking lot and I shut the car off and I said, "We are going to 
sit here for a minute and pray and ask God to give us direction
and wisdom as to what we are to do today."  First, Kaleb prayed,
then Adia, then Kase and I was last.  When we got done 
praying Adia says, "Mom, did God tell you what we are 
suppose to do today?!"  Hahaha.  Unfortunately no, not at that 
point.  

I am just going to be completely transparent for a minute.
I love doing things with my kids but I do not like doing things
that I have no idea how its going to turn out.  I don't like doing
new things by myself or without my husband where the outcome
of what will happen and how the kids are going to behave and
respond is not obvious.  I tend to like the control and expectancy of 
what's to come...for many reasons.  But on the flip side, this is not
how I want to live my life or how I want my children to live theirs
either.

So we came home, ate lunch, grabbed jackets and left the house
once again.  

And am I so glad that we did!!!

We had an amazing afternoon together!!!  I braved taking them 
somewhere we had been before but never alone by myself! 
And we even went to a new place and tried out a new 
adventure that all four of us loved!!  

After I got home this evening, my husband sent me the sweetest
text:
"I'm glad you just went for it and took them places. Awesome
mother."
I cannot tell you what that meant to me.

Isn't that how it is with God?  He is just standing there waiting 
for us to take that step out towards Him, waiting for us to let
our strength and hope rest completely in Him.  And in doing that
comes peace to confront whatever may be lying before us. 

And at the end of it all we will get to hear, 
"Well done good and faithful servant!"

Amen!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment