Poppys

Poppys

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Our 1st Mother-Son Luau!!!



I love things where parents can take their children to a special event
and it's all about the kid (mostly)!!!

I love the Father/Daughter dance but Mike has yet to take Adia.
He has always thought she was too young.  And honestly, he would 
much rather take her out to a movie and ice cream than to an event like that.
But I'm hoping he will give in one year....maybe next year!... and finally take her.
I think the reason I desire so strongly FOR him to take her is because
my Dad and I never did anything like that while I was growing up.
I mean, how cool is it to get all dolled up and be able to go out on a date with
the one male (in most cases...) that you love and look up to the most?!?!

Well in March, a local church hosts a Mother-Son Luau!!!
How awesome?!!!
So my friend Crissy asked if I would like to take Kaleb and Titus to it....
ummmm, heck yeah!!! Hahaha!!
So we did!!!

That Saturday was one CRAZY day!!!  
I ran non-stop from the time I woke up that morning til the time I
went to bed.
My great grandmother passed away that Monday and they had her funeral 
that Saturday afternoon in Adel.  So I attended that and then got home to get me
and my big boy ready for a date!!  Now the Luau ended up being squeezed into the day.
Right after I got home from the Luau, I had to change and head out to my sister's 
bachelorette party!!! NON-STOP ALL.DAY!!!

But I did slow myself down so I could really enjoy the time I 
got with my K-man!!
He wasn't in the greatest moods but I was lucky for 
Mike to get a good picture of us before we left!!
He is such a handsome big guy!!!


We met Crissy and Titus there and were able to get a couple of shots
before the dancing started!!


This is the boys' 1st album cover!!!
Doesn't Titus kinda look like Ray Charles?!!!
.......maybe its just me! Hahaha!!


Once we got inside, there weren't too many people and the boys
did great!!  Kaleb wasn't really into the dancing for some reason.
He was completely psyched about the lights though!!!
.....and the snacks.  So our entire 30 minutes that we were there was spent 
between oooo-ing over the lights and running to the snack tables!!
Lol.  The joys of a 2 year old's attention span!!!






As soon as the boys had had enough, we decided to take the 
after party to the park!!!  Titus shared some lollipops and they got to play and 
spend a few extra minutes with Moms...what more could a little boy ever want?!?!


It was definitely a fun experience and I do plan on starting a new tradition!!!  
I love making new memories and learning so much more about the little 
person Kaleb is becoming!!!  He holds such a special place in my heart!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment