Poppys

Poppys

Friday, June 10, 2016

When the Spirit is Silent

Lately I have been going through a quiet season.

My husband teases me because I talk about everything being a season.
Well, it really is.
Life is one big collaboration of ever changing seasons,
some just last longer than others.


But the past few weeks, it has been one of those seasons 
where you can feel alone,
even though you are never alone and God is never far from you 
because He placed you inside Christ whenever you gave your life to Him.
It's just been quiet and calm and .....is that birds chirping that I hear?!!!

I got on this morning planning on sharing a tidbit on Change
but not one fiber of my being felt that that was appropriate 
with where I am right now.  
(But that post will come and is 
SO encouraging!!!)

I have very mixed feelings about silence.
Our home is a very LOUD place!!
3 kids, 
one who hates loud noises yet 
is the loudest person I have ever met,
2 dogs, some pigs and chickens and a goat...
yes, its quite noisy around here most of the day.
So a lot of times the silence is welcomed...
then it's feared..
(what are the kids getting into now?!)
it's craved...
and then it's the last thing I want to be experiencing.

When things are quiet in my spirit,
the enemy automatically jumps in and 
starts whispering failures, shortcomings and
insecurities.

But I am realizing,
God wants our spirit to rest too.

We live in a very fast paced,
excessively distracted,
selfish and draining world
that is full of expectations
and demands.

As a mom,
I am constantly distracted.
I am constantly pulled on by something or someone.
I am constantly giving from the time I wake in the morning
until the time my children fall asleep at last night.

For me to find rest for my body is hard enough.
I have made it a goal of mine to intentionally
take a little time out of each day to allow myself 
to rest and to have one day a week where I don't 
let my time revolve around the endless list of things that
need to be done.

But I have never let my spirit completely rest.
I often try to find ways to constantly stay connected 
to Him.
Yet, sometimes, He just wants me to 
fully and wholly rest in Him.
Allow the silence to come in and permeate every
part of me.
Be filled in the quiet even though it
can be uncomfortable and feel distant.

Zephaniah 3:17 says: 

"The LORD your God in your midst,
The Mighty One, will save;
He will rejoice over you with gladness,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.”

How beautiful is that?!
God is always with us!!
He rejoices over us with gladness and singing!
And He quiets us with His Love.

HE QUIETS US!!!
HE allows the silence to come!

So have joy in the silence.
Let your spirit rest.
Know that this is only a season that too shall pass.
It is preparing you for what is coming.
And be still.
-Amen!!










No comments:

Post a Comment