Poppys

Poppys

Friday, September 16, 2016

Bullied By Fear

Satan can be sneaky.
He can tip toe into our thoughts,
plant a tiny seed of worry,
water it with unhealthy emotions
and watch it grow into a creeping, thorny vine of fear.

That fear,
if well fed,
will then grow up the walls of our mind
and then take root into our heart
and tighten its reign of control over the 
garden of our life until its suffocated every other
living, pure and fruitful growth
that we had once living within us.

Image result for creeping vine

Meet anxiety.

Worry, fear, anxiety and depression are not our portion
from The Lord.
They are tactics from the enemy to control us
and to take our focus off of the Deliverer and Healer
of our body, mind and soul.

John 10:10 says,
"The thief does not come except to kill, and to steal
and to destroy.
I have come that they may have life, and that they 
may have it more abundantly."

One year ago, I walked through a season of crippling fear and anxiety.
I wanted to curl up somewhere away from it all and just fade away.
I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep, and 
I had no hope.

That thorny vine of fear had almost completely killed all that 
I had grown in my garden of Life.

Image result for anxiety

How could someone so passionate about The Lord become so 
debilitated by the enemy's fiery arrow?

I loss sight of who I am in Him and 
the authority and power that has been bestowed upon us.

Initially when the first sign of fear crept in,
I didn't turn from it.
I did not access the power that we have been so freely given.
I did not call on the name of Jesus.
I didn't rebuke the enemy and his attack on my mind.
I didn't surrender that area of weakness and the control
that I wanted to have over the situation immediately.
I could list one hundred things I didn't do...

But, in my time of walking through the valley of the shadow of death, 
He NEVER left me.
He was there every step of the way.
This season of my life was ONLY a shadow.

Image result for shadow

What is a shadow?!
It is darkness that forms when someone or something 
comes between a surface and The Light.

Once I chose to step out of that shadow and let His pure and radiant
Light shine in,
my crippling fear that had bullied me for months turned into
a holy righteous fear.
I went from wanting to let that shadow swallow me up to 
fearing that I would allow such lies to keep me from fulfilling
His great purpose for my life.
I didn't want to miss God!!!!

Anytime that nasty Satan would come and poke to see if he could 
plant a seed again, I would stop and I would pray,
"God, make my thoughts Your thoughts."
Then I would worship.

For me, I would play worship music and turn my heart and affection
completely towards Him.
I would think about the promises that have yet to be fulfilled
and thank Him for what He had promised me He would do.

Our greatest weapon is worship and praise!
Many times it was hard to do this because my emotions
weren't in alignment with my spirit.
But He is faithful and through this act of faith,
victory swept in and took hold of the root and ripped its 
shallow shoots out of my heart and left in its place
seeds of hope, peace and expectancy.

Image result for stepping into light

"For God does not give us the spirit of fear but of power and 
of love and of a sound mind."
2 Timothy 1:7

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff comfort me."
Psalms 23:$

"For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh.
For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God
for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every
high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God,
bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ..."
2 Corinthians 10:3-5

1 comment:

  1. wow this is such awesome wisdom and reality...thank you for sharing not only yourself but He who kept you through it all!

    ReplyDelete